Experience + True + Freedom -- Texas Moots Rider Event
Come Join Moots for an exciting adventure and EXPERIENCE + TRUE + FREEDOM in Austin, Texas
WHAT IS THIS?
MOOTS is hosting an EXPERIENCE + TRUE + FREEDOM Riders Event in partnership with MELLOW JOHNNY’S, MAD DUCK CYCLERY & BICYCLE HEAVEN. We have planned three days of road/gravel riding in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Our base camp is the small town of Fredericksburg, Texas
where we will be staying in a more intimate large private home for our accommodations, with excellent riding right from our door. This trip embodies what we at Moots love the most about cycling: good friends, great food and awesome times on the bike! This isn’t a race, we will have a plan to accommodate all skill levels, yet this is sure to result in a truly memorable experience. Leaders from Moots will have our full demo fleet on site. JR Thompson from Veloscapes will be handling logistics and providing ride support. The Moots team and Bike Shop representatives will be riding with the guests and sharing the history of Moots and more as to why these are such special bikes.
This event is open to existing Moots Owners, as well as others interested in an amazing experience.
If you’re not a Moots Owner yet, you can reserve your own Moots for this trip through our collaborating dealers. There won’t be a better opportunity
to demo one of our bikes and learn why our Moots Riders are so passionate about the brand.
If you’re already a Moots Owner and want to demo a new bike this is a unique opportunity to do so. Moots will offer a $500 credit on a new bike purchased within 30-days of the event!
Sponsor Bike Shops:
● Mellow Johny’s - Austin
● Mad Duck Cycling
● Bicycle Heaven
Destination: The Texas Hill Country
Base Camp: Fredericksburg, Texas
Dates: March 27-29, 2020
Duration: 3 days | 2 nights
● $1200 (couples/shared bed)
● Large private home - base camp
● Second House
● Friday Afternoon: Shakedown Ride 20 to 30 miles
● Saturday: 40 to 60 miles
● Sunday: 20 to 40 miles
● Use of a Moots demo bike (subject to size availability)
● A $500 credit towards a new Moots (if purchased within 30 days)
● Three days of supported riding
● An amazing experience with the Moots community!
● Plan to meet in Fredericksburg, Texas at 11:00 AM on Friday, March 27, 2020. We will have lunch, work to get bikes set up, and be ready
to ride no later than 2 PM. For those riding a Moots demo, your dealer will provide fit information to us at Moots and we’ll have a start on
the correct fit, making this a quicker experience so we can roll out on time.
● What will there be to eat? – Always the first thing you need to know. Plan on a combination of fresh catered meals at the house and one
night out on the town. To the extent there are special dietary needs, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate, but
can not guarantee our ability to meet those needs, so if absolutely critical – bring your own.
● Where will I ride? - That is the question. We have chosen the small town of Fredericksburg for good reason. It’s a perfect launching pad for
a taste of what the Texas Hill Country has to offer. Expect to see some true mixed-surface riding conditions. Quiet rural roads will eventually
lead us to the Texas Hill Country gravel we have heard so much about. Count on a 20-30 mile shakedown ride on Friday. A 60-mile
challenging loop on Saturday. And a 40-mile ride on Sunday. Both Saturday and Sunday’s rides will have slightly shorter options. We aren’t
racing, yet want all to push themselves so they have a great ride and the groups will naturally split I’m sure.
● Will I have support? - Yes. For Saturday’s big ride we will have vehicle support providing, energy products, hydration supplies and snacks
as well as mechanical assistance. You still need to carry all you need to keep your bike rolling as if you were self-supported as the Texas Hill
Country can be remote and cell coverage is hit or miss. This trip is more akin to riding with a group of friends, so you need to be prepared to
support yourself and get back to the house. If possible, we will provide sag but that likely means hanging in a support vehicle the remainder
of the day as that sole vehicle will be supporting the last rider.
● What should I bring? - Your gravel bike or bicycle of choice (if not riding a demo bike) and riding gear. Weather in Austin that time of year
can be variable so plan accordingly. This means be prepared for heat, cold and possibly rain. Any specific ride nutrition, hydration, chamois
lube, sunscreen, etc.
● How many will be in attendance? - We are expecting about 18-20 total participants, including those from Moots and the support crew.
● What is needed from me? A couple of things, most importantly:
1.) Reach out to either Moots (moots.com), JR Thompson from Veloscapes (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or your local dealer to
reserve your spot asap. Any cancellation 45 days in advance will result in a 50% refund, but no refunds will be granted for cancellations after
that (transfers are ok).
2.) Please advise JR of any special dietary needs or requests by sending an email to email@example.com
3.) A sense of adventure is required. In true Moots style, this isn’t meant to be a Four Seasons travel experience. Rather, this is
a group of friends riding together in an amazing setting all having the time of their lives -- this means you look out for you and respect all
others who are there to enjoy themselves.
● What if I want to buy my own Moots? Well, we certainly hope you will and are confident you’ll be ready for your own after spending a few
days riding with the Moots Community. In the event you buy a Moots, your dealer and Moots will offer a $500 discount if the order is placed
within 30 days after the event.