Experience + True + Freedom -- Steamboat Springs Moots Rider Event
Come Join Moots for an exciting adventure and EXPERIENCE + TRUE + FREEDOM in Steamboat Springs
What is this?
MOOTS is hosting a series of EXPERIENCE + TRUE + FREEDOM Riders Events in our hometown of Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Building on both the amazing riding right in our backyard coupled with what has proven to be the best way to fall in love with our bikes, we wanted to extend the opportunity to ride in Steamboat to interested customers everywhere.
This trip embodies what we at Moots love the most about cycling: good friends, great food and awesome times on the bike! Further, this trip allows you to interact with the talented craftspeople who create these beautiful bikes.
This isn’t a race and it isn’t a training camp, rather a wonderful opportunity to demo a new Moots or, for existing Moots Riders, get to know our team
and ride in the center of the place that inspires each and every bike we build. We will have a plan to accommodate all skill levels and this is sure to
result in a truly memorable experience.
Moots will have our full demo fleet on site. JR Thompson from Veloscapes will be handling logistics and providing ride support. The Moots team will be riding with the guests and sharing the history of Moots and more as to why these are such special bikes.
This event is open to existing Moots Owners, as well as others interested in an amazing experience.
If you’re not a Moots Owner yet, you can reserve your own Moots for this trip through our authorized dealers or directly through Moots. There won’t be a better opportunity to demo one of our bikes and learn why our Moots Riders are so passionate about the brand.
If you’re already a Moots Owner and want to demo a new bike this is a unique opportunity to do so.
Moots will offer a $500 credit on a new bike purchased within 30-days of the event!
Destination: Steamboat Springs, Colorado
● June 9 - 11, 2020
● June 12 -14, 2020
● June 25 - 28, 2020 (Ranch Rally week)
● 3 days | 2 nights
● 4 days | 3 nights (Ranch Rally week)
June 9-11 & June 12-14, 2020
● $1100 (couples/shared bed)
June 25-28, 2020 - Ranch Rally Week
● $1400 (couples/shared bed)
● Private Homes (same neighborhood)
● Out on the town one night - Taco Cabo
Rides: (June 9-11, 2020)
● Tuesday: 20 to 30 miles
● Wednesday: 40 to 60 miles
● Thursday: 20 to 40 miles
Rides: (June 12-14, 2020)
● Friday: 20 to 30 miles
● Saturday: 40 to 60 miles
● Sunday: 20 to 40 miles
Rides: (June 25-28, 2020 | Ranch Rally week)
● Thursday: 20 to 30 miles
● Friday: 30 to 50 miles
● Saturday: Moots Ranch Rally - 50 to 70 miles
● Sunday: 20 to 40 miles
● Meals (alcohol additional)
● Use of a Moots demo bike (subject to size availability)
● A $500 credit towards a new Moots (if purchased within 30 days)
● Ranch Rally week participants get a free entry into the event
● A memorable experience with the Moots community!
Plan to meet in Steamboat Springs, Colorado at 11:00 AM on:
● Tuesday, June 9, 2020
● Friday, June 12, 2020
● Thursday, June 25, 2020
We will have lunch, work to get bikes set up, and be ready to ride no later than 2 PM. For those riding a Moots demo, your dealer will provide fit information to us at Moots and we’ll have a start on the correct fit, making this a quicker experience so we can roll out on time.
● What will there be to eat? - Always the first thing you need to know. Plan on a combination of fresh catered meals at the house and one night out on the town. You are welcome to bring your own craft beers or spirits -- this can be fun, as the group can share and enjoy together. To the extent there are special dietary needs, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate, but can not guarantee our ability
to meet those needs, so if absolutely critical -- bring your own.
● Where will I ride? - That is the question. Steamboat Springs happens to have some absolutely beautiful dirt roads and June is a prime time of the year to visit! We will be riding from the front door of the house each day and expect to ride some of the area’s classic routes. We aren’t racing, yet want all to push themselves so they have a great ride and the groups will naturally split I’m sure.
● Will I have support? - Yes. For the longest ride, we will have vehicle support providing, energy products, hydration supplies and snacks as well as mechanical assistance. You still need to carry all you need to keep your bike rolling as if you were self-supported as the back roads around Steamboat can be remote and cell coverage is hit or miss. This trip is more akin to riding with a group of friends, so you need to be
prepared to support yourself and get back to the house. If possible, we will provide sag but that likely means hanging in a support vehicle the remainder of the day as that sole vehicle will be supporting the last rider.
● What should I bring? - Your gravel bike or bicycle of choice (if not riding a demo bike) and riding gear. Weather in Steamboat that time of year can be variable so plan accordingly. This means be prepared for all conditions including cold mornings and chilly days. Any specific ride nutrition, hydration, chamois lube, sunscreen, etc. Your helmet, shoes and pedals (our demo bikes do not come with pedals).
● How many will be in attendance? - We are expecting about 18-20 total participants, including those from Moots and the support crew.
● What is needed from me? A couple of things, most importantly:
1.) Reach out to either Moots (moots.com), JR Thompson from Veloscapes (email: email@example.com) or your local dealer to
reserve your spot.
2.) A $500 deposit to hold your spot. The remaining balance is due 60 days prior event start date. Any cancellation 60 days in advance will result in a 50% refund, but no refunds will be granted for cancellations after that (transfers are ok).
3.) A sense of adventure is required. In true Moots style, this isn’t meant to be a Four Seasons travel experience. Rather, this is a group of friends riding together in an amazing setting all having the time of their lives -- this means you look out for you and respect all others who are there to enjoy themselves.
Spots will fill up quickly. Sign up today!
● What if I want to buy my own Moots? Well, we certainly hope you will and are confident you’ll be ready for your own after spending a few days riding with the Moots Community. In the event you buy a Moots, your dealer and Moots will offer a $500 discount if the order is placed within 30 days after the event.